The Robotics Engineer serves as a member of a team of robotics engineers that is engaged in research and development of autonomous robots for new applications in industry.
Reporting to the Technical Manager of Robotic Systems, the Robotics Engineer engages in design and development of one or more areas related to electro-mechanical component development, advanced sensors and sensing technologies, algorithms development for control and data extraction, and integration of modern methods of navigation and path planning (specially with application to obstacle avoidance and autonomous operations.)
In this role, the ideal candidate is expected to have the following technical qualifications:
- MSc or PhD in Mechanical/Electrical/Robotic Engineering or Computer Science preferred, Bachelor’s degree with appropriate additional years of experience also acceptable.
- 1-3+ years of experience developing robots and/or autonomous mobile systems. Hands on design/build experience of robot/UAV systems highly desired. Recent MS and/or PhD graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in either designing mechanical systems (using tools such as SolidWorks and AutoCAD 3D) or designing electronic systems (using circuit analysis/synthesis tools) required.
- Experience participating in research on robotic related technologies in order to create new robotic systems including experience with IMU and motion control of robots is highly desired.
- Familiarity with 3D printing for creating robotic components is a plus.
- Proven programming skills in one or more high level languages (C/C++, Java, Python.)
- Experience/familiarity with state of the art methods for Localization, Mapping, probabilistic methods, and Image Processing as applied to control and operations of robots.
- Familiarity with control system design methodologies as well as state estimation and sensor modelling is a strong plus.
- Experience developing sensing and perception systems for real world applications. Experience with computer vision, sensor fusion, LIDAR/radar, calibration, point cloud processing a strong plus.
- Experience with analysis and design using MATLAB/SIMULINK and controlling/programming robots using Robot Operating System (ROS) highly desired.
- Experience in writing firmware and developing embedded system applications, specially using a real-time operating system, is a plus.