The ideal candidate will have knowledge in the robotics and industrial automation fields and will be able to design complex systems that incorporate embedded electronics, mechanisms, and pneumatics. Some knowledge of systems engineering and integration is ideal as well. The candidate will have significant experience with product design, development, and transfer to manufacturing. Ideally, the this person will also be comfortable participating in new technology and product concept development and implementation.
Sealed Air’s Food Care division is expanding its organization to intensify efforts to build new revenue sources based on services that address a wide range of customer issues and opportunities. We are increasingly focusing on the areas of Automation and Integration, and have an immediate opening for a Robotics Engineer in our Shrink Products Equipment Team. This individual will have the opportunity to work with our Food Care customers in a multi-disciplinary environment. Your skills will be used to impact the food packaging industry in advancing their operations with improved throughput and automation, quality, and information-based services.
- BS or greater in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, with preference given to advanced degrees.
- CAD knowledge required. Solidworks preferred but others acceptable (CATIA, Unigraphics, ProE etc.)
- Efficient engineering design, modeling, basic simulations
- Transfer to manufacturing, rapid prototyping.
- Software/programming experience required. MATLAB, Python, Java, C++, ROS or similar. Bonus experiences:
- Data structures and algorithms.
- Robot programming experience and robot middleware.
- Knowledge of robot manufacturers or vision providers.
- Communication Protocols: EthernetIP, Profibus, TCP/IP basic knowledge beneficial.
- DFMA, fabrication, machining, sheet metal experience preferred.
- Efficient management of the design process, effective documentation, contingencies, some demonstration of project management.
- System testing, debugging, validation, commercialization (customer-focused).
- Troubleshooting mechanical and electrical issues. Hands-on work will be expected.
- Professional communication skills – Ability to articulate ideas, designs and results to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Team player with very good collaboration skills, fostering knowledge sharing with multi-functional team members
- Prototyping, robotics & automation, autonomous systems, data manipulation, cloud integration experience beneficial.
- Knowledge of any of the following: end effector design, flexible dynamics, linear algebra, rotation dynamics, control systems, serial manipulator dynamics is beneficial.
- FDA or other regulatory experience
- Vision experience beneficial:
- Feature extraction, edge detection, masking
- Learning and classification, CNN
- Shape estimation from point cloud data
- Labeling and clustering of images
- Industrial experience or at least one internship with a robotics company.
More Job Details:
Post Date: Mar 27, 2018
Location: Southeast, NC, US, 28208
Company: Sealed Air Corporation
Requisition id: 15081
Additional Location(s): Atlanta; Charlotte – SEE Headquarters