Marks & Spencer is looking for Analyst, Data Scientist at Nottingham location.
Please note: this role is an 18 month contract (or secondment opportunity if you are applying internally).
Are you passionate about big data and making change? Would you like to help drive the digital agenda of one of the UK’s leading retailers?
They are looking for a data scientist to join our property analytics team on an 18 month fixed-term contract to help drive improvements across the property group including: store developments; energy & utilities and store maintenance.
A key part of the role is to improve the utilisation and extraction of intelligence from the existing datasets including over 200,000 assets, 500,000 annual maintenance tasks and 34,000,000 annual utilities data points.
They are looking for a candidate who is self-motivated, pro-active and keen to implement industry leading solutions using a range of analytics tools.
About the role:
• Development of analytics models to support a change to predictive maintenance regimes
• Development of predictive models for all utilities to allow us to better identify poor performing stores and implement root cause analysis
• Work alongside the store development team to quantify the impact of any initiatives or schemes trialled in store on both the customer and the P&L
• Collaborate with the engineering team to analyse trials of new technology in stores and support business case sign-off using data-led analyses
• Provide analytical support for other areas of the Property group where required
• Demonstrable problem solving and analytical skills, including identification of patterns and trends
• Experience of working with large volumes of complex data using BI tools e.g. Spotfire, Tableau, PowerBI etc.
• Knowledge of statistical programming languages and software, e.g. SAS, R, Python
• Knowledge of SQL databases and structures
• Excellent Excel Skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to collaborate in cross-functional teams including external resources
• Ability to work both in a team and independently to tight deadlines
• Passionate about discovering and solving problems